What do successful business owners do?
Successful Business Owners do things that everyone knows that they should do, it’s common sense stuff; but common sense isn’t always common practice.
Key things successful business owners do:
- Make time to work ON the business, not just IN it.
- Begin with the end in mind – always remembering what outcome they are after when setting out on a particular activity (e.g. networking)
- Do everything as effectively as possible.
- Let go of ‘perfection’, finished and out there is better…
- Accept that they can’t know everything and seek external input.
- Prioritise the Non-Urgent stuff too! Just because no one is screaming for it, doesn’t mean it isn’t important to their business.
- Look within for wisdom. Actually, forget all of the above – just pay attention to this point.
Understanding innate wisdom is key
Point 7 is the real key to success. The previous 6 points are behaviours that you may find yourself undertaking as a result of looking inwards. When you create space and look away from “shoulds” and thoughts about external changes you think you need to make, your state of mind will lift and you will find yourself just doing these things (if they are the right thing for you to do). You won’t have to make a specific effort to do them, it will just come naturally. So what’s the difference between business owners who do these things naturally (successful business owners!) and those who don’t? Successful business owners don’t buy into any insecure thoughts that they have. They know who they are, they believe in their product or service and they do not believe that their personal wellbeing will be affected by how successful their business is. Therefore they have nothing to fear.
How can you get that state of mind?
It’s simply a case of knowing where thought comes from. Knowing that you have access the all the capabilities that you could possibly need, and not giving power to any insecure thinking that you have. This doesn’t mean that you won’t have any insecure thoughts. Here’s a secret…
Successful business owners DO have insecure thoughts – they just don’t give those thoughts any more power than any other thoughts.
I can coach you one to one to help you with this understanding – which when you have it will allow you to know who you are and your innate capabilities. It will allow you to let insecure thinking pass you by. Check out my 3 principles page for more on this understanding. I also do State of Mind seminars for business people. My eventbrite page will have the latest events listed.
Want to know more about how I can help? Drop me a line or give me a call. A successful coaching relationship depends upon a great rapport, so it’s important to talk. I want to get to know you, see inside your world and we can assess how we’d go from there!